Sometimes Planning Travel feels more like you are navigating a Ropes Obstacle
Sounds legit, right? I mean all you really wanted to do is get away or do something special with someone. But where do you start?
The most "Rope Threads" I hear from my clients are:
- We always go to the same places
- How do I know this place still looks like it does on the web?
- I can’t get my family to respond so I have no idea what to plan
- I want to do something out of the ordinary and memorable
- The (Hotel, Cruise, Tour Company, etc) is sending me too much info and I don’t have time to read it all. Can you just tell me what I need to know?
- I want to see 7 cities and I only have 5 days. How do I choose where to go?
Just writing these things out, I feel like the fun of traveling is sucked out right out of you.
So how does one eliminate these obstacles? For me, I have a list of questions that helps me dig into your brain to see what it wants to do and where it wants to vacation. After all, detaching yourself from your familiar environment helps gain new perspectives and re-energizes creative thinking in the brain. The more I can learn about you and how you like to ‘step back from life’ the better solutions I can provide for your next travel adventure. I thought I would share some of those questions to help you get your wheels turning.
- Are you leaning towards Domestic or International Travel?
- Do you prefer to travel in a small-group or a private customized tour?
- Have you ever cruised before and if so where?
- What is your favorite vacation to date and why?
- Do you want the weather to be Hot or Cold?
- When you think of that vacation did you feel active, relaxed, engaged, smarter?
- Are you a foodie?
- Do you want to unplug from the world?
- Do you like your plans to be all-inclusive (meals, tours, transportation, accommodations) or do you prefer a custom a la carte itinerary?
- When you get home, what do you want to say about this trip?
- What is your budget?
- Who all is going on this trip?
- How long do you want to be away from home?
- Are you looking for a cultural experience?
- Would you say you are more Adventurous or Relaxed in your travel style?
Are you starting to see an image of a trip? Maybe you are surprised by was seemed important to you? If you are anything like me you probably have a long bucket list and you may be able to see a trend in your answers that direct you to a specific destination.
But if you still need help narrowing it down or need more knowledge to choose the right location, never fear, a travel professional is near!
With some fun discussions, LET can match you with the vacation desires that are ideal for YOU personally. Then, by leveraging relationships all over the world, the planning will commence and all you have to do is truly Enjoy the Journey!